With the Making a Difference campaign, your Sigma Chi Canadian Foundation (SCCF) aims to raise $750,000 over five years. Currently, only 11% of our assets are available to fund almost 85% of the Foundation expenses – so we need your help! Make a difference in the lives of young men embracing our values of Friendship, Justice and Learning.
To Strengthen Sigma Chi in Canada
What Does the Sigma Chi Canadian Foundation (SCCF) Do?
- Maintains a charitable status under the Canada Revenue Agency, issuing tax receipts to Brothers making donations to the SCCF and through the SCCF to the Chapters
- Administers the funds donated to the SCCF for the benefit of the Chapters: these funds are managed by a professional money manager governed by an investment policy developed and monitored by a Committee of the Board
- Encourages leadership with scholarships to training courses
- Hosts a Housing Summit where Best Practices are exchanged
- Encourages academic excellence by awarding scholarships
- Recognizes the “Unsung Hero” in each Chapter
- Maintains a national member contact database and works with Chapters to connect with lost Brothers
How are we structured to accomplish our mission?
The Chairman of the SCCF Board of Directors is a member of the U.S. Foundation Board of Governors which aids our utilization of U.S. Sigma Chi programs, systems and best practices.
Committees of the Board:
- Scholarship and Grants
- Nominations – to the Board and to supporting roles for special projects.
- Marketing and Communications
All of the SCCF member work is done on a volunteer basis. External resources, where required, are compensated.
If you have any questions or for further information, please contact David MacNicol, Chairman, at SCCF(at)sigmachi(dot)ca